Thursday 17 May 2012

Fashion Muses

1.Audrey Hepburn and Hubert de Givenchy
Audrey Hepburn and Givenchy first met in 1953 during the shoot of the film "Sabrina".He  created outfits for ''Funny Face'',''Breakfast at Tiffany's'',''Charade'',''Love in the Afternoon'',''Paris When It Sizzles'',''Sabrina'' and ''Hot to Steal a Million''.Givenchy subsequently created a perfume for her titled L'Interdit.
Audrey About Givenchy:
1."Balenciaga once said the secret of elegance is elimination. I believe that. That’s why I love Hubert Givenchy… They’re clothes without ornament, with everything stripped away."
2."His are the only clothes in which I am myself. He is far more than a couturier, he is a creator of personality''



2.Loulou de la Falaise and Yves Saint Laurent
Loulou de la Falaise was a designer of jewelry and accessories.She was YSL's creative partner and close friend.They met at 1968 at a tea party.Loulou inspired YSL 1966 women's tuxedo Le Smoking and his see-through blouses.
Loulou de la Falaise about YSL:
1."If you've worked for Yves Saint Laurent, it's very difficult to work for another house''



3.Lady Amanda Harlech and Karl Lagerfeld 
Lady Amanda Harlech is a creative consultant and writer.She worked with John Galliano as an independent couturier and than in 1996 joined Karl Lagerfeld at Chanel.She often attends in Karl Lagerfeld's short movies.
Karl Lagerfeld about Amanda Harlech:
1.''She is my outside pair of eyes''



4.Isabella Blow and Philip Treacy
Isabella Blow was Tatler magazine's style editor.She discovered fashion designer Alexander McQueen and Models Sophie Dahl and Stella Tennant.In 1981 Isabella was Anna Wintour's and then Andre Leon Talley's assistant.She met  Philip Treacy in 1989 and helped launch himself.Isabella introduced him to established designers like Manolo Blahnik and Rifat Ozbek.In 2003 London's Design Museum oragnised exhibition entitled ''When Philip met Isabella''.
Philip Treacy about Isabella Blow:
1.''She invented me. We were like Bill and Bert. I made the hats, she wore them…''
2.''She was fun, unbureaucratic, generous. And she had a good heart. She introduced me to everything I know''.



5.Madonna and Jean Paul Gaultier
In 1985 he  produced sculptured costumes for Madonna during the nineties, starting with her infamous cone bra for her 1990 Blond Ambition Tour, and designed the wardrobe for her 2006 Confessions Tour.
Jean Paul Galutier about Madonna:
1.“It’s like a love story that goes on.I love her and admire her. I think she’s a genius.She definitely has a real sense of fashion.”
Madonna about Jean Paul Gaultier:
1.''I worship and adore Jean Paul Gaultier. He’s creating one of my costumes, and kind of godfathering the costumes for a section of my show, with all my dancers. I’m really happy he’s doing it, because he’s such a genius''.



6.Monica Bellucci and D&G
In 1989 Monica posed for Dolce and Gabbana,when she moved in New-York and started modelling.Since they are close friends.In 2012 she became the Dolce & Gabbana face.Dolce&Gabbana Makeup launched a selection of six limited edition lipsticks named Monica.
Domenico Dolce about Monica:
1.“We love Monica and have worked with her many times over the past 20 years. Her beauty is timeless''.
Stefanno Gabbana about Monica:
1.“She expresses perfectly the Dolce & Gabbana woman,she is ravishing – a true Italian icon.”
Monica Bellucci about Dolce and Gabbana:
1. 'I'm delighted to be collaborating with Domenico and Stefano. I've always adored the aesthetic of Dolce & Gabbana and it's so exciting to be involved with their creative process".


3 comments:

  1. sono icone delle style senza alcun dubbio
    ciao :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing people... monica belluci in that advert looks just... WOW! SOOO beautiful!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I love this post...because Audrey Hepburn...she's my favorite actress and fashion icon ever!

    http://rebucomcafe.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete