Wednesday 27 March 2013

Hotel Chevalier



We are huge Wes Anderson fans and love everything he has ever made from Royal Tenenbaums to Moonrise Kingdom. He always has these really sad stories about broken families, unresponded love, wasted talent, outcast children and turns it into something heartwarming, fun to watch and visually stunning. We absolutely love recurring cast of actors in his movies, especially Jason Schwarzman, Bill Murray, Angelica Huston.
Today's post is about Hotel Chevalier, 13-minute film starring Natalie Portman and Jason Schwarzman. It was initally planned to be a stand-alone work but is actually a prologue for Darjeeling Limited. The movie set in a Paris hotel room is absolutely beautiful. The story focuses on two former lovers who reunite for a short time in Paris. Both characters are so interesting and weird in a good way. Their dialogues are priceless. We also love the soundtrack, the song Schwartzman's character turns on before he opens the door  for his former lover. I'll put the song down below. I've watched this movie over and over again because it's just too sweet and makes me happy, I don't know why.

She: Whatever happens in the end, I don't wanna lose you as my friend.
He: I promise, I will never be your friend. No matter what. Ever.

Maybe that's why.








No comments:

Post a Comment